According to the decision of Presidium of the Supreme Council of USSR of January 20, 1990, the effect of the Decree of Presidium of the Supreme Council of USSR of January 15, 1990 “On declaration of the state of emergency in NKAO and some other regions” is spread to Baku city.
With the aim to keep public order, to stop the illegal actions, to provide the security of the citizens, normal work of enterprises and offices curfew is imposed from 11:00 P.M. of January 20, 1990. Its effect period is from 11:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.
To establish the office of the commandant of the special district of Baku city.
To create 11 commandant stations belonging to the special district of Baku city.
The commandants of stations are responsible for strict implementation of this order within declared territory.
The main task of the commandants is to provide the public order and security of citizens on this territory.
During the state of emergency and curfew the following is forbidden:
– to held meetings, gatherings, rallies, demonstrations as well as the performances, sporting and other mass actions;
– the work of media without any control;
– to stage strikes at any time within the day and first of all for the people, who work in the sphere of life support, especially in the sphere of public health, education, in transport sphere, communications, sphere of energy-, water-, gas-supply, in the sphere of fuel industry, in media and press. The infringers will be called to account;
– to vear and keep the cold steel and guns, ammunition, explosives, chemical and poisonous substance;
– the traffic of any transport facilities on the territory of Baku city from 11:00 P.M. to 6:00 A.M.;
– physical or wordy insult of persons who engag in order keep.
The troops and law-enforcement bodies have rights:
– to stop the illegal actions of organizations and amateur units of citizens or disband them.
– to limit the entrance and departure of citizens, to move the citizens from the districts, which are dangerous for reside and provide them by another dwellings, and if it is necessary to oblige the citizens, who are not the residents of given district, to leave it;
– to take away guns and the cold steels, ammunition, explosives, chemical and poisonous substances from citizens as well as from the offices, enterprises and organizations if it is necessary ;
– to control the documents, and in cases when the person has weapons and rejects to show it, to implement the individual inspection of the citizen and his things.
– to detain the persons, who provoke the violation of public order, disseminate the provocative information or prevent to implement their legal rights and obligations by citizens and officials, violate the order of the state of emergency and curfew, for 30 days by administrative order. To call to account the persons, who commit a crime;
– to implement control of passport regime in the apartments of the citizens.
The personal staff has right to use the weapons as extraodinary measure if it is necessary for providing the implementation of their duty on secure of public order according to the law.
The Commandant of the special district of Baku city,
January, 20 1990
The order of the commandant of the special district of Baku city